What's new

Tenda Nova MW3 and Amazon Echo

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IslaView

New Around Here
Hi,

Firstly, I'm new to the forum, so I hope I am posting in the correct place!

I have the Tenda Nova MW3 mesh network set up in my house, but I'm having problems with one of our Alazon Alexa speakers on the network. It constantly drops signal when playing music, goes silent for maybe 20 seconds then resumes. I can only think that it is due to the roaming function and it is sometimes switching between different nodes. This doesn't happen with the other speakers in the house, and it is the only one which is remotely close to more than one node.

I've seen the fast roaming function in the Tenda App, but switching it off will mean not being able to roam around the house with mobiles and tablets. This is the main reason we have the mesh network, so I don't want to do this.

Can anyone recommend if there is a way of switching this off per attached device, or should I be thinking of an alternative? I have a spare Netgear AC1200 I can use, but I'm unsure if all speakers need to be on the same network.

Any ideas are much appreciated!