What's new

Testing firewalls, WireGuard VPN via pfSense, and other

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

deveals

Occasional Visitor
Hello and good day!
I'm testing and comparing features between SkyNet and pfSense firewalls. After favorable testing and marking notes, I've uninstalled SkyNet ... are there residentual files I should clear? Should I flush iptables?

During the SkyNet testing, I configured WireGuard VPN access directly to ASUS ... shoud I disable or delete this configuration?

After bringing pfSense online for testing/notes, ASUS LAN (x.x.51.x) clients have Internet access via ASUS WAN (x.x.50.5) gateway, pfSense LAN (x.x.50.1), and pfSense WAN (68.x.x.x). I'm having a problem with WireGuard VPN access to ASUS LAN via pfSense ... VPN access works for pfSense but not ASUS; previously worked for both.

pfSense shows ASUS WAN gateway offlineand pings to ASUS WAN and ASUS LAN are not returned ... should I activate ping (1st step in troubleshooting?) via the ASUS GUI and add ASUS iptable settings:

Code:
iptables -A INPUT -s 68.x.x.x -p ICMP --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT # Specific pfSense WAN address
iptables -A INPUT -s x.x.50.1 -p ICMP --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT # Specific pfSense LAN address
iptables -A INPUT -s x.x.51.1 -p ICMP --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT # Specific ASUS LAN address
iptables -A INPUT -p ICMP --icmp-type 8 -j DROP # Drop other external and internal ping attemps

Am I missing anything to re-enable VPN access to ASUS LAN? In advance, thanks for your expertise, consideration, and guidance!

Thanks. Danny.
Model: ZenWiFi AX6600/XT8; Firmware: AX95Q_388.2_2_0_puresqubi (gnuton1)

I'm testing and comparing features between SkyNet and pfSense firewalls

Skynet is an IP-blocker script. pfBlocker NG package does this in pfSense. Not a firewall.

Skynet is an IP-blocker script. pfBlocker NG package does this in pfSense. Not a firewall.
Recieved and clarification appreciated!