What's new

FlexQoS Thanks for your support!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all who have installed, enjoyed, and supported FlexQoS these last two years. I’ve been humbled by the enthusiasm and generosity of FlexQoS users, but I am “retiring” from FlexQoS development.

It shouldn’t come as a surprise, since updates have been sparse in recent months. My ASUS AC86U runs stock firmware as an AP, and as we’ve learned, it will be left behind on the 386 codebase. So I cannot join you on the 388 journey ahead.

It’s time to pass the baton that I picked up from @FreshJR. If anyone is interested in continuing FlexQoS development, please let me know. I didn’t really know much when I started out (and maybe I still don’t know much today).

There’s no reason to believe FlexQoS will stop working in the foreseeable future, but we already see challenges on the AX86U with iptables rules and fc. So please continue to enjoy the benefits of FreshJR_QOS/FlexQoS for as long as you can.

I don’t intend for this thread to be a “drama queen farewell”, but I don’t want there to be any ambiguity about the future of FlexQoS, like we’ve seen with other third-party developments.

-Dave
Going to miss you Dave! Thanks for your hardwork around here.

I am afraid not. While I am sure any developer could maintain a script for qos once they understand the ins and outs, it is the asus part of the equation that the developer would have no control of. Too much closed source intermingled with nonclosed source. I don't fault Dave for handing in the towel on this one, I would too.

Thanks all for the kind words and support. I ask the moderators to lock this thread to keep it from getting out of hand. My ego is big enough without all this extra massaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.