What's new

The Moca adapter is not working , please help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

- I don't know what you mean by what the adapters report ? Do they show any info ? If so how can I access it ?
- I use www.speedtest.net . When I connect directly to modem I get 200mbps , when I connect to router I get around 190MBps . I have 2 Moca adapters so they should have Gigabyte speeds ?
Odd that the router isn’t netting the same speed as the modem; that’d be a concern.

How are you testing using the MoCA adapters? Are you wired directly to the Ethernet port of the remote adapter?

You may think this is obvious but plenty of posters have reported similarly, only eventually to reveal that they were testing via a wireless-connected laptop.

View attachment 18912 View attachment 18913
Ok I received the parts and now it's working thanks to yall :)
Now I have 2 questions :
1- Which output is better -3.5db or 3.5db ? Which one should I connect the modem to ?
2- Now I definitely see improvement in internet speed compare to powerline network adapter but still not as expected !
I am paying for 200mb download speed and 10mb upload . With powerline adapter I was getting 90-120mbps , now I get 120-167mbps with moca adapters. I believe I should get full 200mbps considering Actiontech ecb6200 is able to transfer gbps speed , right ?
I just saw this post. I was planning to buy a pair of MoCA adapters for my Spectrum Internet. Your splitter was shown outside the house, which means that you now have to run two coax cables (from the two OUT ports ) through the wall and into the house.

I was wondering if the new splitter could be installed inside the house.

By the way, your picture did not show the POE installed.

Thanks.

See the barrel connector with the red and blue bands in the inlet to the moca splitter ?
That is the POE filter.

His cables were already present.

placement of splitter depends on cable layout.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!