What's new

The Uptime Contest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 386.5 Beta now in the wild... my uptime will surely come to an end shortly. Was a good run.

386.5 RELEASE is out... RIP my uptime...

EDIT: Well, it was a good run... my longest uptime that I can recall... bring on the NEW UPTIME!

jXqOeLN.png

Last edited:

EDIT: Well, it was a good run... my longest uptime that I can recall... bring on the NEW UPTIME!

jXqOeLN.png
I hear ya' It's hard to say goodbye, but you can always remember this uptime with a fond heart.

Nice. Since I'm not going to upgrade, In 6 days I'll have you beat :)

2022-03-02 16_43_46-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - General Log - Chromium.png

And even this one likely won't last nearly as long... home renos happening in June will make for some unavoidable interruptions.

Day 1in the books... let's go.

1646359111490.png

Day 1in the books... let's go.
Let's go, punk. :cool:

1646360025049.png

I rarely get 7 days from any setup of mine, but I'm going to try to go through the 2-year anniversary of this thread.

2 years... unbelievable... March 13th, 2020 was the day we were all sent home. Haven't been back.

Many of us and our families will be relying on our home networks more so than ever for the next several weeks. What are you doing to ensure good quality of service, security and uptime in your home? In other words can you avoid tinkering and rebooting until the crisis abates?

Can you last for 7 days uptime? 14? 30? 60?

Do your best and report back your experiences without discussing any health/political issues.

(inspired by the Seinfeld episode “The Contest”)
so far the 3700 in my fathers house has been unning 24/7 for 18 months since i last looked at it . thing just runs has not been turned off ever talk about stable running the last version of merlin for that model

2 years... unbelievable... March 13th, 2020 was the day we were all sent home. Haven't been back.
Us too. Except my employer is making preparations to have everybody return in April. Not looking forward to the 3 hours of commuting every day again.

Happy second anniversary to this thread. Time to get busy living…

1647363606789.png

It truly is mind boggling that we're 2-years in with this thing. I recall thinking at the start that we were in for a rough few weeks... holy moly I was wrong. This has truly changed the world and how we work.

This has truly changed the world and how we work.

I don't have uptime numbers for you, but my business financials show >$94K in extra cleaning services, cleaning supplies, test kits, protective gear, etc. for the years 2020 and 2021. Not counting workflow disruption loss die to mandatory tests and quarantines (triggered by any flu-like symptom) and government assistance in employees support and retention (the CERB and wage supplement). Some changes in the way we work indeed.

It truly is mind boggling that we're 2-years in with this thing. I recall thinking at the start that we were in for a rough few weeks... holy moly I was wrong. This has truly changed the world and how we work.
Think of it as it only lasted 2 years. From here on out it’s endemic, and we just have to get on with it all. We used to be free people. Never forget it.

Time to lock this baby.

Maybe we could lock this one, and create The Uptime Contest 2: Second Coming as we continue our journey into the...
They can't stop us! We shall rise up!

Was a sympathy like...

Status
Not open for further replies.