What's new

Thoughts on Smart Home Garage?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

armstrong619

New Around Here
Has anyone heard of this product called Garager? It seems to be a decent product that could do some automation to your garage. I just saw the article on CNET.

garager-6.jpg

I did encounter once that I forgot whether or not I closed my garage. This would come in handy.

Any additional thoughts on this product?

Has anyone heard of this product called Garager? It seems to be a decent product that could do some automation to your garage. I just saw the article on CNET.

garager-6.jpg

I did encounter once that I forgot whether or not I closed my garage. This would come in handy.

Any additional thoughts on this product?

Don't know if this is spam or not, but googling for this brings up a lot of noise.

Personally, these types of products are simply one more way for many more possible hackers to get into your home without using a boot for a door, a rolled up towel to break a window or a set of tools to pick the locks.

Slow down, check twice. Live longer. To me, this isn't in the 'smarter living' category. :)

I have been inclined to think that also but which is easier and more likely: physical brute force (lockpicking, breaking) or using high-tech skills and equipment?

Also which is more likely: forgetting to close the garage door--rendering all security useless--or a high-tech hack?

Don't know if this is spam or not, but googling for this brings up a lot of noise.

Personally, these types of products are simply one more way for many more possible hackers to get into your home without using a boot for a door, a rolled up towel to break a window or a set of tools to pick the locks.

Slow down, check twice. Live longer. To me, this isn't in the 'smarter living' category. :)

Hi Rolo,
Interestingly enough, I just replaced my garage door opener to a Chamberlain Liftmaster and have been playing with it all week. Every time I open or close my garage door, it sends me a notification to my smartphone. I also read a good article at https://open-solutions.com website and tried a few things they suggested. I've already bookmarked their site and waiting for more writeups on a smart garage but for existing garage door openers, there is also garagio.
-Opso