What's new

Throttling feature

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anfo

New Around Here
Hi

I'm using latest Asus Merlin FW for my VDSL modem router. As far-fetched as it might be, I just wanted to know if there is a throttling feature enabled in the firmware? My Speed is normally 100/40, but part of the day the downspeed drops to 30. It almost seems like a congestion issue, but I thought I'd ask the question first.

Richard

Presumably you mean you are using GNUton's fork on your router.
Merlin doesn't provide any firmware for modem routers and , no there is not a "throttling feature" in the firmware so your issue would be a line fault, contention or ISP problem.

Why would be a throttling feature in Asuswrt-Merlin? This project is about enhancements and performance.

Why would be a throttling feature in Asuswrt-Merlin? This project is about enhancements and performance.

I never stated unequivocally that the firmware was at fault. However, it is safer to ask than be left without answers. I'd suggest you allow members to do this, unless you would prefer they remain ignorant.

I asked you a question. I'm interested to know why do you think such feature may exist and be enabled by default.

Isn't that what speed limiting is, especially if you're not familiar with nuanced terminology?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!