What's new

Throughput testing - IxChariot version and script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cmyth

New Around Here
Hi Tim,

What version of IxChariot are you using? If it's a newer release, have you considered testing with the High Performance Throughput script?

Intel uses this script (see below) for their draft 11n testing and Ixia suggests using this script for testing of high BW and high latency (RTT) networks as the increased buffer size, file size and support of overlapped IO better utilizes the TCP pipeline.

http://www.intel.com/performance/mo...t-Gen_Wireless-N_Performance_Test_Results.pdf

I use 6.40. I have stuck with the throughput script for consistency for product comparison purposes.

My concern is that the relatively low maximum throughput numbers you're reporting for 2x2 devices that provide a 300Mbps 802.11n PHY rates. It will be interesting to see what kind of throughput you'll be able to push with a single pair throughput script in your first 3x3 or 4x4 router review.

Tim,

We're seeing the same thing in some other customer testing -- we need to use multiple simultaneous flows with high_performance_throughput.scr to acheive maximum throughput.

You could also do some TCP tuning to get there, but multiplying the flows is easier.

--Eric

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!