What's new

Time Machine errors

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whsbuss

I Just setup my USB 3.0 drive for time machine backups. Did a full backup late yesterday via ethernet-connected macbook pro, approx 52GB. So this morning I tried a wireless backup and it failed. Using a known fix for NAS time machine backups (fixes bad node files) I repaired the backup. Next 2 backups worked just fine.

However here's a snippet of the syslog. Is there an afp problem??? Running latest Merlin on AC68R.

Oct 18 10:11:54 afpd[3455]: ad_valid_header_osx("/tmp/mnt/MBL-Backup/.__admin_var.txt"): not an adouble:eek:sx file
Oct 18 10:11:54 afpd[3455]: ad_valid_header_osx("/tmp/mnt/MBL-Backup/.__folder_list.txt"): not an adouble:eek:sx file
Oct 18 10:11:54 afpd[3455]: ad_valid_header_osx("/tmp/mnt/MBL-Backup/.___var.txt"): not an adouble:eek:sx file

I'm having the same issues. I had a HFS+ partition on a 1TB external USB3 driver with the latest ASUS stock firmware on my AC56U running fine. Then I installed the latest merlin 378.50_beta1_dpi which would no longer read the HFS+ partition. So I mkfs.ext4 the /dev/sda1 and run my first time machine backup. It seemed to have completed, but my log is littered with these:

"Jan 27 00:01:33 afpd[1206]: ad_valid_header_osx("/tmp/mnt/Storage/.__folder_list.txt"): not an adouble:OS X file"

...only timestamped corresponding to when it was doing the actual time machine backup. It stopped reporting those once the backup completed. I also did a factory reset as merlin recommends with this new beta1. I SSH'd into the router and manually removed all of those .__folder and .__admin hidden files, but it just recreated them. Not sure if this is an issue, I would just like to know more about it. thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!