What's new

Time Zone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bill Hayes

New Around Here
When I look under time zone the only option for Eastern US is GMT-5 but every other place says GMT-4. What gives?

When I look under time zone the only option for Eastern US is GMT-5 but every other place says GMT-4. What gives?
I'm pretty sure those menu labels only mean to tell you what is the standard-time offset for the zone. Mine is showing "(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US, Canada)" in the menu under Administration - System, but when I look at the current system time in the System Log tab, it's definitely on DST at the moment.

I'm pretty sure those menu labels only mean to tell you what is the standard-time offset for the zone. Mine is showing "(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US, Canada)" in the menu under Administration - System, but when I look at the current system time in the System Log tab, it's definitely on DST at the moment.
Yes I think the setting is for EST. Thanks

Perhaps post a screen shot of what you are seeing. On a RT-AC68U the Time Zone drop down box/field has a various time zones (and locations) to select from. Many locations in the US are grouped by specific Time Zone (Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific). There are also specific entries for US locations, like Arizona, that don't observe the DST time change that happens twice a year in the US. When selecting one of those entries (like Arizona) one will not see the DST time zone start/end date selections. Because I'm on Eastern Time I see the DST start/end dates and can adjust if necessary (or desired)

timezones.jpg

dst.jpg

timezonearizona.jpg

systemtime.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!