What's new

Tips for troubleshooting Guest Network problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jjhowey

Occasional Visitor
RT-68U

I've had no clients that have been able to connect to my Guest Network (2.4 or 5ghz) since 376 firmware. I'm running 3.0.0.4.378_3873 now but same problems.

Windows and Android clients see SSID, but after I type in key (WPA2 or WPA) they just say they cannot make connection.

I've done a hard reset many times now, before 376 and before 378. Manually re-keyed config all times, no restore from config.

>> cat /dev/mtd0ro | grep bl_version
bl_version=1.0.2.0

This is the only problem I'm having, 12 other 2.4ghz/5ghz clients are just fine.

Does anyone know any other logs I can tail on from Asus side?

Asus support is shooting in the dark and wants me to go back to 3.0.0.4.374.371 and make my way up from there until it breaks.

Thanks!

Check your MAC filtering setting. It wasn't working at all until a recent update, but I think Asus only partly fixed it, as there's another bug that prevents you from disabling the MAC filter list on the Guest page. That one, I'm not sure if Asus has fixed it yet.

Check your MAC filtering setting. It wasn't working at all until a recent update, but I think Asus only partly fixed it, as there's another bug that prevents you from disabling the MAC filter list on the Guest page. That one, I'm not sure if Asus has fixed it yet.

Thanks, but no cigar. Never use MAC filtering and confirmed it was not set:

Wireless -> Wireless MAC filter "Enable MAC Filter" = No
Guest Network -> Enable MAC filter = No.

What is weird is after a Hard Reset, it sometimes remembers some of my old settings - even after I go through Wizard and set stuff up (like WPA2 key, etc).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!