What's new

Tooltip over options

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PeterLiljedahl

Occasional Visitor
Hello
Within merlins firmware and possibly also asus, we can see a tooltip when hoovering over an option.
Some of these seems to be missing and have been neglected in time I guess.
Who wrote those tooltips anyway and can the forum in some way help complete the work?
I am myself an average user when it comes to network settings and can do the basic stuff therefore
these tooltips are good when unsure about something.

This?

1665617835045.png

It's available in stock Asuswrt, but not every setting has a description. Some settings like WAN Connection Type are self-explanatory.

Well... most settings already have it except the obvious ones. Asus routers have User Manual as well, no?

I have no intention of adding additional tooltips, as they would require extensive change to the HTML code, which is already a major PITA for me to merge in on new GPL releases.

Yes I usually look up the option and read a little about it but havent thought about a user manual but when you
mention it, there is a link at the bottom within the router ui.
Of course this is a low priority thing as the technical functions are more important.
Thanks for you firmware releases, hope you you still enjoy tinkering with these things :)