What's new

TorGuard Setup DNSleak test fail

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

figorr

Regular Contributor
I just bought an ANONYMOUS VPN from TorGuard and I am trying to find the correct setup.

I have two ASUS router, RT-AX88U, one as Main node and another one as an Aimesh node.
I am running different scripts (Diversion, Skynet and Unbound, FreshJR's Adaptive QOS, ...) without problems. But when I tried to connect the VPN ... I have two possible scenarios.

Scenario 1:
If I set "Accept DNS Configuration" as Exclusive and NO POLICY RULES ... there is no problem. All the traffic goes through the VPN and the Scripts (Diversion) is running OK. And the dnsleak test is ok.

Scenario 2:
I need to activate POLICY RULES, so some devices will go through WAN and others through VPN. Then I set "Accept DNS Configuration" to DISABLE , following the recommendations of x3mtek article with regards to
DNSmasq and OpenVPN DNS.

https://x3mtek.com/torguard-openvpn-2-4-client-setup-for-asuswrt-merlin-firmware/

And in this scenario the Diversion script is running OK, but the dnsleak test FAILS and it shows my real IP.

I followed the instructions in order to prepare the WAN Settings and DNS-TLS, or at least a think so.

I don't know if there is something wrong. But I need to activate POLICY RULES in order some devices can
go through WAN and others trough VPN.

This is my VPN Setup

VPN CLIENT.png

Some of the Policy Rules

VPN POLICY RULES.png

The VPN Custom setup rules

VPN CUSTOM SETUP.png

My WAN SETUP

WAN SETUP.png

DNS Filter is ON. And the "GLOBAL FILTER MODE" is set to Router mode

The DHCP Server setup

DHCP SERVER.png