What's new

Solved Torrent clients messing my web browsing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

junkun13

Occasional Visitor
Web pages are slow to load and sometimes it won't load the pages at all. I have tried different clients and the problem is still there, even though the dl/ul are really low. I've tried using tcp only, low global connection numbers, it didn't fixed the issue

Tried using a VPN? QoS?...

I get a bit of bufferbloat if I let it use full bandwidth, but nothing like you describe. Deluge with the scheduler plugin helps with that without needing to worry about QoS (disabled during working hours, throttled to half my connection speed in evenings and unrestricted overnight.)

I have µtorrent constantly running on one PC, uploading 24/7, while downloading from Usenet with nzbget. This uses most of my VDSL2 connection bandwidth. On Another PC on the same LAN, I can surf and listen to web radio without problem, through VPN defined in the RT-AC68U. I don't uses QOS in the router but my 2 Windows PC use cFosSpeed.

Tried using a VPN? QoS?...

I get a bit of bufferbloat if I let it use full bandwidth, but nothing like you describe. Deluge with the scheduler plugin helps with that without needing to worry about QoS (disabled during working hours, throttled to half my connection speed in evenings and unrestricted overnight.)
Im not using both, btw my router is ac86u

First, I'd regulate the up/down speeds and # of concurrent connection on the torrent client itself, if you think that's somehow messing up your router.

Having said that, I find it highly doubtful unless you're torrenting on GigE and hitting close to utilization on your link.

One thing to try on the system running the Deluge is to VPN out first (a good plan anyway, for numerous reasons), then turn on the torrent client.

the problem only occurs on the pc using the torrrent app, I don't have any browsing problems on other devices

other people are experiencing this problem as well but i haven't found any solutiion yet
You would probably be better served looking for solutions on Windows forums (assuming you're using Windows) rather than a router firmware forum. I've noticed the same behaviour in Windows but I rarely use torrents so it doesn't bother me.