What's new

TP-LINK Archer C9 Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PANUmaster

New Around Here
Hey guys,

I wonder if you are sure of your methods of testing USB speeds. I have this device in front of me and i just tested USB 2.0 and 3.0 NTFS speeds. Your results / My results:
USB 2.0
NTFS Write (MBytes/s)
17.2 / 13.58
NTFS Read (MBytes/s) 23.9 / 28.32
USB 3.0
NTFS Write (MBytes/s)
17.5 / 29.61
NTFS Read (MBytes/s) 25.5 / 32.09

I have newer firmware i suppose but i can downgrade if you want. Also if you want performance on FAT32 i can do it.

This diffrences are rather big and your results are close on USB 2.0 and 3.0 maybe you used 2.0 device on 3.0 port? That might result in lower performance than me.

If you want i can deliver whole process of USB testing with screenshots and other needed specs to you for NTFS / FAT32.

(English is not my mother tongue, so forgive me any linguistic errors :) )

Best regards, Krzysiek.

Our test method and devices used are described here. We use a USB 3.0 /eSATA dock with drive and move it from port to port.

We have found some products that don't properly recognize the drive as USB 3.0 or at all. Perhaps the Archer C9 is one of them.

At any rate, thanks for posting your results. No retest is planned.

Can anyone confirm if the C9 comes with a SPI firewall for the IPv6 connection? I have the C7 and the SPI firewall is only for the IPv4 side.

Can anyone confirm if the C9 comes with a SPI firewall for the IPv6 connection? I have the C7 and the SPI firewall is only for the IPv4 side.
How do you know this?

How do you know this?
Here: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/tp-link-archer-c7-good-for-ipv6.22417/

And I asked them too, here was their reply:

Thank you for choosing TP-LINK, This is Cara from TP-LINK Technical Support.
I am sorry to let you know that the Archer C7 does not support the SPI Firewall over the IPv6 connection currently.
If you need any further help, please feel free to let me know.

> Hi, I would like to know if the Archer C7 supports the SPI Firewall over the IPv6 connection?
>
> The SPI Firewall under Basic Security does not mention if it applies to IPv6.

Best Regards
----------------------------------------------
Cara Feng
TP-LINK Technical Support

Thanks.

Re the other thread, if ANY ports were blocked or non responsive, there is a firewall in place. It may be simple NAT vs. SPI, but it would be there.

SPI in consumer routers is more for marketing than real value.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!