What's new

TP Link ER605 vs ER7206

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I disagree, this router outperforms my AC88U.

Your AC88U was perhaps running IPS and QoS in the same time. If you turn it into basic router, something like your new Araknis, it can also do Gigabit throughput. AC66U from 2012 in basic router operation will do Gigabit. I don't see $260 value in this Araknis. ER605, ER-X, hEX similar functionality routers are all $60. Araknis must be using some very expensive blue LED's.

Your AC88U was perhaps running IPS and QoS in the same time. If you turn it into basic router, something like your new Araknis, it can also do Gigabit throughput. AC66U from 2012 in basic router operation will do Gigabit. I don't see $260 value in this Araknis. ER605, ER-X, hEX similar functionality routers are all $60. Araknis must be using some very expensive blue LED's.
I disable QoS because it was useless, I don't need to reboot it once a week anymore either.
I spent 250+ for that router just over a year ago. I'm tired of having to buy new routers every year or two.
The Araknis isn't basic.... Doesn't sound like you have used one.

VLAN otions
IPv6
QoS
Port Forwarding/Triggering
Firewall options
DDNS
IP reservations
Content Filtering
Built in Tools
Routing Tables
NAT options
VPN options
SNMP options.....

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like you have used one.

I had to google what it is. No reviews, no detailed datasheet. Doesn't sound I'm going to use one, but good it works for you. Rebooting a rooter once a week to keep it going is not normal. Your AC88U perhaps had some issues. If you trust Araknis brand and have access to better deals, they have AP's as well. May be a good idea to get some VLAN capable AP's to complement your system.

I had to google what it is. No reviews, no detailed datasheet. Doesn't sound I'm going to use one, but good it works for you. Rebooting a rooter once a week to keep it going is not normal. Your AC88U perhaps had some issues. If you trust Araknis brand and have access to better deals, they have AP's as well. May be a good idea to get some VLAN capable AP's to complement your system.
Maybe it did but warranty is done after a year. They are for integrators only. The company I work for has been using them for years and they have been solid. Yes they do have 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4 APs with built in Fast roaming so no controller required but I don't want to purchase until they start putting out Wifi6.

With both my kids gaming and my wife working and streaming TV I can still run internal Speedtest at 900+ so I have no concerns.

I don't think this is possible. Kids gaming and wife running TV will subtract from a speedtest.

I don't think this is possible. Kids gaming and wife running TV will subtract from a speedtest.
Of course, which is why I said 900+.

With no one using the network is get 940-980 typically.

Standard Gigabit Ethernet data throughput efficiency is 94% or 940Mbps. Anything above is usually a measuring error.

Standard Gigabit Ethernet data throughput efficiency is 94% or 940Mbps. Anything above is usually a measuring error.
Yep, I know....