What's new

TP-Link the stupid company

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Why don't you buy them?
Because they don't know better and like paying a premium for a POS.

When making a buying decision with tech devices it should be based on the tech inside whatever it is you're looking at. In this instance Intel is the OEM and TPL is just packaging it in a different form and doubling or tripling the price.

But I do care quality and support.
Nothing wrong with that but, if you're a nerd and wavering from the path of the sheeple you assume more of the support task.

Taking something that's intended for one use and repurposing it for another is how you get away from dealing with crappy products. Taking an M2 for a client and turning it into an AP is how you get beyond the stupidity of off the shelf routers and APs. It's not difficult but can be a bit of a PITA if you've never done it or tinker with the settings to make it work better than default. You could make your own router / AP for a whole lot cheaper than a prepackaged device assuming you're willing to learn a little bit and apply that info to make it work.

As to disappearing acts by sellers it happens all the time. Buying through a proxy like Amazon / Newegg / etc. with a decent policy regarding purchases helps. Amazon gives you 30/90 days to play with products and return them if it doesn't meet your needs.

Why you buy ASUS?

If you are talking to me - I have one popular Asus model router used for experiments and purchased with this sole purpose. If the packaging and BT5.2/5.3 is your biggest issue with this TP-Link product - you have no idea how many wrong statements Asus has straight in firmware. According to the tooltips my RT-AX86U router doesn't support AX-class clients and doesn't even have AX-class radio. See here:

1685886327917.png

Another stupid company? The entire company and all the products they make? You perhaps know both companies are multi-billion revenue international businesses with worldwide market. If they grew so big obviously they make good enough products for their target markets - better than others.

1. I didn't read Amazon review before I bought it.
2. I feel lower interference for headsets, earphones, speakers. I have 5.0 to 5.3. I don't feel any difference for sound but for interference.

The difference in interference is likely little to none. The improvements "should" or "may" reduce interference - not exactly a slam dunk. Honestly when you're at 5 and up the interference, latency, sound quality are all greatly improved.

Ensuring it supports LE and LE Audio are more important to me, as that is not necessarily guaranteed with any of them (or the device you're pairing with it). LE Audio is a huge step forward.

If you are talking to me - I have one popular Asus model router used for experiments and purchased with this sole purpose. If the packaging and BT5.2/5.3 is your biggest issue with this TP-Link product - you have no idea how many wrong statements Asus has straight in firmware. According to the tooltips my RT-AX86U router doesn't support AX-class clients and doesn't even have AX-class radio. See here:

View attachment 50681

Another stupid company? The entire company and all the products they make? You perhaps know both companies are multi-billion revenue international businesses with worldwide market. If they grew so big obviously they make good enough products for their target markets - better than others.
There is one truth that can't be changed. ASUS is much better than TP-Link for routers.
Router: ASUS>TP-Link
Switch: TP-Link>ASUS(failed)
NIC: TP-Link>ASUS
Customer Service: Same garbage.

The difference in interference is likely little to none. The improvements "should" or "may" reduce interference - not exactly a slam dunk. Honestly when you're at 5 and up the interference, latency, sound quality are all greatly improved.

Ensuring it supports LE and LE Audio are more important to me, as that is not necessarily guaranteed with any of them (or the device you're pairing with it). LE Audio is a huge step forward.
It's hard to solve the interference issue with BT even if it's 5.3. There are too many wireless and wired devices which make interference at the home and office, even BT make interference. For me? Induction Range interference is horrible. Magic keyboard and mouse interference are horrible too.

Because they don't know better and like paying a premium for a POS.

When making a buying decision with tech devices it should be based on the tech inside whatever it is you're looking at. In this instance Intel is the OEM and TPL is just packaging it in a different form and doubling or tripling the price.

Nothing wrong with that but, if you're a nerd and wavering from the path of the sheeple you assume more of the support task.

Taking something that's intended for one use and repurposing it for another is how you get away from dealing with crappy products. Taking an M2 for a client and turning it into an AP is how you get beyond the stupidity of off the shelf routers and APs. It's not difficult but can be a bit of a PITA if you've never done it or tinker with the settings to make it work better than default. You could make your own router / AP for a whole lot cheaper than a prepackaged device assuming you're willing to learn a little bit and apply that info to make it work.

As to disappearing acts by sellers it happens all the time. Buying through a proxy like Amazon / Newegg / etc. with a decent policy regarding purchases helps. Amazon gives you 30/90 days to play with products and return them if it doesn't meet your needs.

I did like you said. Maybe I did something more. But I don't do it anymore. I'm busy and I feel tired of it. It's not fun anymore. You know what? I don't even change mouse switch anymore. Whenever I buy new mice I send them to the repair shop to change switches.😂

Last edited: