What's new

TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 (Kibosh with Gargoyle firmware ) connected as Gateway or Access point to ASUS RT-AX92U does NOT show up in connected devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

esfu

Regular Contributor
I have the main router in my home network as ASUS RT-AX92U which is connected via unmanaged switches and Ethernet cabling to wall sockets in various rooms.

There is one other ASUS RT-AX92U connected this way through Ethernet cable as AIMesh node. Other than this AIMesh node, I have two other old routers connected in Access Point mode to the wall Ethernet sockets. One of them is ASUS RT-ACRH13 in access point mode and the other is TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 which was bought as Kibosh with Gargoyle (based on Open-WRT) firmware connected in Gateway or Access point mode.

The ASUS RT -AX92U in AIMesh node shows up when I connect to the main ASUS RT-AX92U router as a node.
The ASUS RT-ACRH13 in Access Point (having its own separate SSID) also shows up as a wired connected client device to the main router and using IP assigned to ASUS RT-ACRH13, I can login and manage options for ASUS RT-ACRH13 too. (Even ASUS mobile app detects this ASUS RT-ACRH13 connected in Access Point mode and I can manage it through the app too).
I previously had a Netgear router (having its own separate SSID) connected similarly in Access Point mode and it too showed up as wired connected device and using its assigned IP, I could manage options for Netgear too.

The TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 which was bought as Kibosh with Gargoyle (based on Open-WRT) and is connected as Access Point (having its own separate SSID) works fine and I can connect the devices to it using its SSID. However, for some odd reason that I do not yet understand, this router does NOT show up in the connected wired devices (or even wireless devices) nor can I see IP address assigned to it. This router being an old router, its reset button does not seem to be working or doing anything as even when I press it for long enough, it does not seem to be doing anything. As the router is working fine as intended in access point mode and devices can connect to its SSID successfully, I do not bother much.

But I will like to know if someone can tell me as to why this Gargoyle based router does NOT show up in connected devices and why I cannot find IP assigned to it and if there is some way to find and access its IP just like I am doing for the ASUS RT-ACRH13 and used to do for the Netgear too.

this router does NOT show up in the connected wired devices

Client List in Asuswrt is not perfect. Some devices will never show up, both wired or wireless.

Test your network without the extra APs. More Wi-Fi is not better - may make things only worse. The old routers may interfere with your AiMesh setup for no reason. There is no need to reuse all the junk you have accumulated over the years. If not needed - just throw it away or keep for backup only.

It only discovers ASUS routers, nodes or AP

Temp.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!