What's new

Traffic Analyzer Piechart

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

helloguys

Occasional Visitor
RT-AC86U, Merlin 386.1_2 (same problem in 386.1). Problem happens even after factory reset.

Problem #1: There are always 6 slices in the pie chart, even though it was supposed to show "top 5 clients".
Problem #2: The "unknown" client was shown as the largest slice with 703.72MB. While the 2nd largest slice was 2.34GB.

Again, this happens even after factory reset.

700M.png

2.34G.png

Maybe because you don't tick initialize all the settings beside the restore

I think the sixth pie is every thing else on the system.

I think the mac address is one it pull from the rest of system. I don't think that is the traffic from that device. You can check it out by doing to look at use by device and seeing that mac address and check to see if it matches the usage. I am betting not since It should be a total for the rest of the network.

Thank you for the information. But it is still a mysterious why 700MB has a larger slice than 2.34GB in the pie.

I think the sixth pie is every thing else on the system.

I think the mac address is one it pull from the rest of system. I don't think that is the traffic from that device. You can check it out by doing to look at use by device and seeing that mac address and check to see if it matches the usage. I am betting not since It should be a total for the rest of the network.

Thank you for the information. But it is still a mysterious why 700MB has a larger slice than 2.34GB in the pie.
because you have so many devices and total accumulation bandwiths for all non listed devices is large than a device in top 5.

I think it just a plotting thing. Maybe it is scaled based on # of devices also with that slice. Just take the 6th slice as the rest of the network and look at the top 5 to tell what is using your bandwidth.

Regardless what the "explanation" is, it still doesn't make sense from a UI perspective.

#1 If the "uncategorized pie" is based on # of devices, then it should be consistent across the chart. Why the some are based on data consumption and some are based on # of devices?

#2 The largest pie shows 700M, while the 2nd largest shows 2.34G, it is even confusing.

Anyway, it's not a deal breaker. It's nice to fix it. If not, no biggie.

Any change to this will have to come from Asus. That sixth slice is supposed to be all other devices aggregated together. It's only half-working however.