What's new

Traffic monitoring shows wrong data with 376.49_4 on AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Z

zmalqptk

Hi,

I've flashed my AC87U with the latest Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49_4 and I've noticed that my traffic monitoring shows wrong data.

I've switched to monthly/MB information and it tells me that I've transferred only about 20mb of data where I am absolutely sure I've transferred more than a few GBs.

Is there anything I can try?

Thanks,

Max

Ok, I will answer myself here. It is related to CTF acceleration as well as other problems.

When CTF is disabled, the traffic monitoring works as expected.

I have had CTF disabled forever and still the traffic monitoring doesn't show the right amounts. For example the traffic for 1/1/2015 global shows 1.15 GB.

But if you add up the values on the devices page it shows 14 GB. I think it has more to do with Trend Micro engine since I do use some of the parental controls for device access times. Looking back at my history it stopped working right sometime in September 2014.

You are right. It's still off. I was fooled by the increasing numbers for a minute. I don't have any trend micro features enabled at this moment and the data is still wrong :-(

You are right. It's still off. I was fooled by the increasing numbers for a minute. I don't have any trend micro features enabled at this moment and the data is still wrong :-(

Yes but the engine is used by other services in the router. Merlin posted that somewhere else in these forums when I was working on a QOS rule issue.

(Changed my nickname)

I do not have dual wan enabled neither. Actually I tried to disable all extra features to see if those wre responsible, but so far, no luck.

So, I have tried to revert to latest original asus firmware and do a factory reset. The traffic monitoring nor web history works there neither even with CTF acceleration disabled.

Therefore i am afraid it is the asus issue, else someone has any other ideas?