What's new

Traffic Monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ozgurcnbyz

Regular Contributor
I strongly believe that my ISP is somehow ripping me off every month. my plan is 50 mbps up and 5 mbps up fiber optic connection. theres something called "fair usage quota" mandatory in every isp. which is a quota in unlimited plans that basically slow down your connection to 3mbps for the rest of the month if you exceed the quota . its 100 gb for me and according to the isp i already exceeded that amount for this month. is there anyway i can record my own statistics so that i can cross check with the isp's ?

thanks but i am using other devices such as iPad Apple TV and others that consume bandwidth. besides my pc is a mac

Are you 100% sure that numbers stated in this page are sums of the WAN only traffic? My friend asked me to estimate monthly internet usage and I passed him those numbers but now I'm not quite sure that they don't include LAN traffic - my monthly usage is 360GB total with 180GB transmit data. I don't think I transmit that much... Is it possible that RDP'ing via VPN with perhaps an hour a day of foreground RDP window display does end in such huge transfer (I'm most of the time connected to RDP server via VPN but almost everytime rdp window is hidden in backgroud)?

Last edited: