What's new

Triple Wan Router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

h_2_o

New Around Here
Been reading here a long time but first time posting. Here is my situation currently in my area i have 1 wired service provider which is centurylink and they are horrible at best. Constant outages etc. Now I do work for 2 different wisps in the area of which i can get free service from them. However the catch there is both wisps are about as bad as centurylink so outright switching wouldn't be the best for me. Since i can get 3 services is there a router (i'm guessing something along the lines of pfsense) that can do multiple wan in this case 3 and handle frequent outages because again all 3 suck.

tldr: is there a good 3 wan router or will pfsense do it

also to many northern obstructions for starlink to work

TP-Link ER605 can do up to 4x WAN connections and is about $60.

I'm definately going to get one of those if nothing more than to just play with thanks. I'm listening to other suggestions ideas as well. Thanks

Pfsense and diy give you the most flex but not for $60. There's more to these kinds of setups though like if you're using a VPN.

A little ingenuity and scripting can likely get just about any router to work with an unlimited number of providers. Way back before dual wan was a "thing" I had 2 ISPs and just wrote a script to change the default gateway as required.

I'm definately going to get one of those if nothing more than to just play with thanks.

You can use it for multi-WAN duties only with the router of choice behind it. The reason I mentioned it is the low price. It's similar to Ubiquiti ER-X - low hardware specs heavily relying on NAT acceleration and packed with multiple features it can't actually handle, if used at the same time. This model is the cheapest Omada router and in simple configurations will do Gigabit with no issues.

as for as pfsense i've had mixed results with multi-wan but that is probably on me. I still might throw a pfsense box in there to see how it does.

as for ubiquiti, i like their wifi stuff for small businesses, everything else IMHO is just meh at best

None of the isp's can handle over 50mb and that would be at their peak absolute best case scenario, so the gigabit isn't really necessary at this time.

now if i am missing something or have missed something