What's new

Trooli FTTP - replace Technicolor DGA4134 with modem/bridge/micro switch

  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

    SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

    Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

    The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!


Occasional Visitor
Not sure if anyone can help, but I'm looking for recommendations for a device to pass PPPOE details without acting as a router or firewall on our new FTTP Trooli connection.

I have obtained all PPPOE details (directly from Trooli) and have permission to run own equipment - but I'm unsure what device exactly I should be purchasing.

Is there a simple bridge device / micro switch recommended that can pass PPPOE details over FTTP much like a simple DSL modem? I don't want it to do anything other than pass data straight to our Smoothwall device.

Our current network looks like this:

Trooli FTTP
Adrant 621 ONT
Trooli Router - replace this with bridge device
I'd imagine just about any home router could do the same unless your ISP has got specific requirements.
Yes I understand that, but isn't there any microswitches or simple bridges that can act as a PPPOE client without all the fluff - I don't need any functions other than Client PPPOE passthrough? Maybe I misunderstood the Network engineer when he told me about replacing the Trooli router, as I'm sure he mentioned a microswitch but I might have misheard.

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online