What's new

Trouble connecting to router used as repeater.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

moonstomper

New Around Here
Hi all,

I currently live in a serviced apartment and have to use the complex' shared WiFi (i.e, I'm not in control of the router). To improve WiFi coverage, as well as increasing security, I have a RT-AC68U that I set up as a repeater. I used the GUI wizard while setting it up and chose to obtain IP automatically.

Everything is working great and my devices can now connect to the WiFi provided by my RT-AC68U instead of the building WiFi.

My question is, how do I now connect to my unit? I have tried http://router.asus.com but the url doesn't resolve. My network's default gateway is 192.168.0.1 but I cannot connect to that either (I'm guessing this may be the IP address of the router?).

So my question is: How can I figure out the IP address of the repeater or make the router.asus.com url resolve correctly. I have a linux, windows and IOS devices connected to the network if that matters.

Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!