What's new

TS509 increased Write speeds with latest firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dennis Wood

I've noticed on two QNAP TS509 units (different networks) after updating with April 8th firmware that the RAID5 write speed seems to have increased from about 55MB/s to 74MB/s or so. When doing a workstation backup to the NAS (VISTA SP1 64bit with 4xdrive RAID0 workstations) using Shadowprotect, the sustained backup speed reported by the application is now about 75MB/s. Previously it never exceeded 55MB/s.

Just curious if anyone out there with a 2 or 3 drive RAID 0 workstation is seeing the same? A single drive workstation won't likely be able to sustain much more than 60MB/s.

I've noticed on two QNAP TS509 units (different networks) after updating with April 8th firmware that the RAID5 write speed seems to have increased from about 55MB/s to 74MB/s or so. When doing a workstation backup to the NAS (VISTA SP1 64bit with 4xdrive RAID0 workstations) using Shadowprotect, the sustained backup speed reported by the application is now about 75MB/s. Previously it never exceeded 55MB/s.

Just curious if anyone out there with a 2 or 3 drive RAID 0 workstation is seeing the same? A single drive workstation won't likely be able to sustain much more than 60MB/s.

I have noticed a speed increase as well, this is my test via iSCSI; a straight read/write should be faster which I will try and post results. I have a Dual Raid 0 with 15k RPM SAS drives, so I should meet your criteria.

551815766_wBfgz-X2-1.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!