What's new

TUF 5400 - Network drop every 6 hours

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

arpixo

New Around Here
Hello guys!

I just purchased a TUF AX5400 3 days ago. The router and the speeds are fine, but the internet drops/resets every 6 hours. Exactly 6 hours. However it restore itself within 1-2 minutes without touching, restarting. I use everything on default settings, just setup SSID and stuff. I use dynamic IP WAN connection with a bridged docsis 3.0 modem. But i checked the logs and found something strange

reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
Oct 7 12:19:51 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(508): eth5: Disassoc 38:FB:14:51:27:88, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
Oct 7 12:20:30 wan: finish adding multi routes
Oct 7 12:20:31 miniupnpd[1507]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
Oct 7 12:20:31 miniupnpd: it is advised to use network interface name instead of 192.168.50.1/255.255.255.0
Oct 7 12:20:31 miniupnpd[21567]: HTTP listening on port 50695
Oct 7 12:20:31 kernel: Archer TCP Pure ACK Enabled
Oct 7 12:20:31 dhcp client: bound 88.132.55.230/255.255.254.0 via 88.132.54.1 for 21600 seconds.
Oct 7 12:20:31 miniupnpd[21567]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port 5351
Oct 7 12:20:32 WAN Connection: WAN was restored.
Oct 7 13:09:11 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(527): eth6: Auth 04:54:53:08:CB:FF, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Oct 7 13:09:11 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(556): eth6: Assoc 04:54:53:08:CB:FF, status:

As you can see, the dhcp client line you can see i got my IP for 21600 seconds. That's exactly 6 hours. How can i set up my router to do not drop/reset the internet every 6 hours. It happens 0:20, 06:20, 12:20, 18:20. It's kinda annoying because i play a lot of online games.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

The length of your DHCP lease (6 hours) is controlled by your ISP. There is nothing you can do to change that at your end. So you'll need to speak to your ISP and see if they can increase the lease time. Normally just renewing a lease would not cause an interruption. However in your case it looks as if your IP address really is changing and therefore causing the interruption.

There is nothing i can do to push the dhcp lease to 24 hours at least? Or use dhcp continuous mode?

Sad, that 6 hours stuff is a joke. What if i put back the modem from bridge to router mode (never had that 6 hour reset issue when i used my modem as router as well), and use my router(s) as access-points?

Sad, that 6 hours stuff is a joke.
Being assigned such a short lease can happen when there are engineering works being carried out on the local network. Once the work is completed a more sensible lease duration is given.

What if i put back the modem from bridge to router mode (never had that 6 hour reset issue when i used my modem as router as well), and use my router(s) as access-points?
That might work. You might even get your old public IP address back as that may still be associated with your ISP router's MAC address.

Sweet, is there any speed etc. difference between bridge mode (modem) + router (AX5400) or router (modem) + AP (AX5400) mode? (Performance wise) if every device is connected to the AX5400

Well, my internet isn't disconnected at 0:20 (5 minutes ago). I see on the web gui the lease time is still 6 hours and i have 5 hours and 55 minutes until lease expires, but the log is clear and there was not even 1 sec of downtime. Maybe my ISP's DHCP server had some issue in the today/yesterday but it's fixed now? (It was fine in the first 2 day as well)

Sweet, is there any speed etc. difference between bridge mode (modem) + router (AX5400) or router (modem) + AP (AX5400) mode? (Performance wise) if every device is connected to the AX5400
Theoretically no. However I don't know what your ISP speeds are or what your ISP router is, so there might be a bottleneck there.

Maybe my ISP's DHCP server had some issue in the today/yesterday but it's fixed now? (It was fine in the first 2 day as well)
Quite possibly.

Theoretically no. However I don't know what your ISP speeds are or what your ISP router is, so there might be a bottleneck there.

Arris TG1652S, and speed are 500/20. The speeds were fine with the Arris router (on cable, wifi was only AC) but i have so many wifi device at home it was too much for the router's wireless network sometimes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!