What's new

Turning on Wireguard on RT-AX88U slows all local download speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

"Same" is not a number. 900Mbps at the client means you have Gigabit upload at the Server and Gigabit download at the client with nothing else using the connection on both ends. I'm trying to find if your VPN speed testing is clean and not a result of common IPv6 data leaks.

"Same" is not a number. 900Mbps at the client means you have Gigabit upload at the Server and Gigabit download at the client with nothing else using the connection on both ends. I'm trying to find if your VPN speed testing is clean and not a result of common IPv6 data leaks.
Ok. Then let me rephrase that....in the previous firmware update simply enabling the WireGuard VPN Server on the AX86U would've halved my ISP bandwidth with NO clients connected. This newer version doesn't have a similar behaviour.

I do get a speed penalty on the clients (Macbook Pro) at higher speeds when connecting via the WireGuard VPN client vs directly connecting but at least I can keep it enabled without incurring the overall speed handicap on the previous version.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!