What's new

[TUTORIAL] Native Transmission on asuswrt routers through optware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Something wrong with dropbox, try to download manually and copy the file to /opt/etc/init.d with winscp

I have DSL-N66U and trying to install Transmission but everytime package manager can't found it. I installed download master...

Screen_Shot_2014_07_06_at_18_10_32.png

I am waitting for help, thanks.

I have DSL-N66U and trying to install Transmission but everytime package manager can't found it. I installed download master...

Screen_Shot_2014_07_06_at_18_10_32.png

I am waitting for help, thanks.

Dunno if optware is implemented right on DSL-N66U
Try to install manually
Code:
ipkg install http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/transmission_2.82-1_mipsel.ipk
And post output here

Last edited:
Dunno if optware is implemented right on DSL-N66U
Try to install manually
Code:
ipkg install http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/transmission_2.82-1_mipsel.ipk
And post output here

Thanks for reply. Output is this:

Screen_Shot_2014_07_07_at_02_24_22.png

Try
Code:
ipkg install http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/openwrt-brcm24/cross/stable/transmission_2.82-1_mipsel.ipk

Try
Code:
ipkg install http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/openwrt-brcm24/cross/stable/transmission_2.82-1_mipsel.ipk

Thanks for reply, still same error.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 12.39.34.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 12.39.34.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 313
Hi all,

Running Transmission via Optware on my RT-AC68U but I notice the webinterface won't respond very well when Transmission is 'busy' with torrents. It will keep loading forever, or respond very slowly.

I guess this is because the relatively low specs of the router right? The torrents etc are active and everything is downloading fine (looking at the bandwidth monitor in the Merlin firmware) and eventually (when Transmission is less busy) the webinterface shows up again.

Is there anything that I can do to adjust settings so that Transmission webinterface keeps working? Lowering torrent settings maybe?

Hello friends! I'm a newbie in Transmission on Asus Merlin, I installed yesterday on an Asus RT-AC66R. Everything works fine, thank you RMerlin for the great work! But I have a big problem, I downloaded some torrents and after finishing I found the .TORRENTS files, but the content of the torrents...nowhere!!! In transmission they are seeding, but where they are?? I don't find them nowhere on the EXT3 formated hard drive attached to the Asus router. I followed step by step the entire tutorial and I only edited user name and password in settings.json. Please, can anybody help me founding my torrents? Thank you very much!

>>I guess this is because the relatively low specs of the router right?

Hi, I run Transmission v2.84, complied from source code and Merlin's source code e.g. Firmware: 376.44. I got fed up using Optware's Transmission PacKaGe because it just kept on crashing more times than it stayed up!

The RT-AC68U is certainly powerful enough to handle torrents - and through a VPN. I've never had problems with the web interface, but I prefer to use the windows application: Transmission Remote GUI to handle the management of torrents.

Hello friends! I'm a newbie in Transmission on Asus Merlin, I installed yesterday on an Asus RT-AC66R. Everything works fine, thank you RMerlin for the great work! But I have a big problem, I downloaded some torrents and after finishing I found the .TORRENTS files, but the content of the torrents...nowhere!!! In transmission they are seeding, but where they are?? I don't find them nowhere on the EXT3 formated hard drive attached to the Asus router. I followed step by step the entire tutorial and I only edited user name and password in settings.json. Please, can anybody help me founding my torrents? Thank you very much!
Should be on /mnt/sda1/Transmission

Should be on /mnt/sda1/Transmission

Thank you for the reply TeHashX! At least, I founded my torrents in /root/ Transmission, but this location isn't accessible to me, only with a FTP client (WinSCP). So, I edited settings.json, changing the location, and now everything seems to be fine. Anyway, that location is not visible on my EXT 3 USB hard drive. Do you know why?
@ nairn62, I'm sure the router Asus RT-AC66R is high-end piece, and I'll be glad to learn something new about Transmission's settings. So, if you can share someting it will be wonderfull. I'm not so good in terminal commands.
Thank you all, my friends!

Witch location is not accessible, the new one?
You have to stop transmission, modify settings.json and start again.

Witch location is not accessible, the new one?
You have to stop transmission, modify settings.json and start again.

@TeHashX, I modified download location in settings.json, but Transmission download where it wants. Of course, I ran stop/start command, edit with nano, but the torrents is not where I set the path. Now, I have another big problem, in Asus-Merlin interface I have an error: MEDIA contains a file system with errors, check forced.
MEDIA: The bad block inode looks invalid.
MEDIA: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
(i.e., without -a or -p options)
Where MEDIA is my USB HDD. So, I rescan the disk from Asus interface, the same error. I don't know how to use these commands in Putty, I'm not familliarized with Linux. Will you tell me something about? Thank you.

Have some proble during install optware

First, thanks for your tutorial.

But, I met problem during intall optware today.(Actually I sucessfully installed before.)

When I tried to 'ipkg install transmission wget-ssl', teminal dispalys 'fail to connect url..' like attachment.

How I can finish optware install?

Thanks in advance,
BR

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    72 KB · Views: 292
First, thanks for your tutorial.

But, I met problem during intall optware today.(Actually I sucessfully installed before.)

When I tried to 'ipkg install transmission wget-ssl', teminal dispalys 'fail to connect url..' like attachment.

How I can finish optware install?

Thanks in advance,
BR
You already installed wget-ssl, continue with the next step

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!