What's new

Two VLANS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

drock_in_nc

New Around Here
I just got a RT-AC66U and what i want to do is have one subnet (VLAN1) for my home lab and then a second subnet (VLAN2) for my home network.

I am running an active directory, DHCP, Citrix and all other services in my lab so that is what I want them on different networks. I do need them both to be able to route out to the internet.

I also need to use the DMZ setting for a server in my lab network. I have done some reading and found a few posts that looked like this was possible but with scripting using the merlin version of firmware.

What are my options here.

Ok. So I guess I need to start looking at either a different router or adding a second one to the mix. Too bad. Love the 66u so far. But for the price this thing should have vlans out of the box.

Just add an inexpensive smart switch like a NETGEAR GS105 or GS108

You could also look at DD-WRT if you are willing to fiddle with it.

So how would the smart switch fit into this? Do they do vlan tagging? I had DD-WRT on my buffalo so I was actually happy to get away from it as I really like the ASUS interface. I guess I could go back to that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!