What's new

Two WANs but not dual-WAN, with port-forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GShlomi

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
Not sure if what I'm asking is possible, but can I use two WAN connections on an AX88u for two different machines in my LAN at the same time?
I want one machine to connect online over one WAN connection while the other machine (or any other machine in the LAN, for that matter) to connect online over the second WAN connection at the same time (not Active-Active, which if I understand correctly splits the connections in the ratio specified in the Dual-WAN definition).

The scenario I'm trying to implement are two pfSense VMs, each with it's own LAN IP, each have it's own external IP and port forwarding rules (trying to simulate 2 MS Exchange Hybrid environments).

Thanks in advance

If you enable dual-wan in load balance mode you have the option to enable routing rules. In theory you could then set two routing rules. One for the whole LAN using CIDR notation, and another more specific rule for the individual client.

If you enable dual-wan in load balance mode you have the option to enable routing rules. In theory you could then set two routing rules. One for the whole LAN using CIDR notation, and another more specific rule for the individual client.
Thanks for a quick reply.
Are the rules for both incoming and outgoing traffic?

If by "incoming" you mean unsolicited connections from the internet being forwarded to a server on the LAN, I don't know. You'd have to try it.

Also, is it possible to create port-forwarding for each WAN connection separately?
I want port 25 forwarded from different WAN connection to different LAN machines

Also, is it possible to create port-forwarding for each WAN connection separately?
I want port 25 forwarded from different WAN connection to different LAN machines
Not a good idea to be forwarding port 25. A BIG security risk...