What's new

Ubiquiti UAPACPRO US vs Non-US

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dynoto

New Around Here
Hi guys, can i ask if anybody have some technical comparison between these two versions of ubiquiti pro WAPs?

All the information i could find is that the US version have some of the bands disabled to conform with USA regulations, but is there any kind of tech-specs that i could refer to?

other than that ... is there any downsides of buying the US version to be used Internationally? in terms of wireless performance, range, etc.

reason I'm getting the US version (from Amazon) due to local shops charging well over $180 which is cool $50 more, which i'm not willing to pay extra for these local taxes.

Hi guys, can i ask if anybody have some technical comparison between these two versions of ubiquiti pro WAPs?

All the information i could find is that the US version have some of the bands disabled to conform with USA regulations, but is there any kind of tech-specs that i could refer to?

other than that ... is there any downsides of buying the US version to be used Internationally? in terms of wireless performance, range, etc.

reason I'm getting the US version (from Amazon) due to local shops charging well over $180 which is cool $50 more, which i'm not willing to pay extra for these local taxes.

From the Ubnt forums:

"The US version is hardware is locked down that it can operate within the US Regulatory domain from the FCC. This rule applies to any WiFi sold in the US.

The International will work anywhere since it is unrestricted.

There is no difference between the two as a US user. The difference will become apparent between the two if using it outside US."

Outside of these, you can expect a different AC PoE adapter.

From the Ubnt forums:

"The US version is hardware is locked down that it can operate within the US Regulatory domain from the FCC. This rule applies to any WiFi sold in the US.

The International will work anywhere since it is unrestricted.

There is no difference between the two as a US user. The difference will become apparent between the two if using it outside US."

Outside of these, you can expect a different AC PoE adapter.

this is the same article I have searched previously, what does it mean by "work anywhere?" and the difference?

PoE adapter i guess is fine because the voltages supported ranging from 110~220.

Just buy the version that is appropriate to your region... that way no worries, and you'll be supported by Customer Care if things aren't working..

on the 5Ghz you should actually consider the US version because in the US all 5Ghz channels are available compared to the rest of the world. So if you buy a US version and dont have all 5Ghz available than you should return it for the reason that its not geared for US customers. FCC only requires them to be locked down so you cant set a channel that isnt allowed in the US but on 5Ghz all channels in the US are allowed with half requiring DFS.

See wikipedia for more information.

Having all the channels available is important to allow you to set a channel that is free from interference in the sense that other wifi routers in the area cant auto and use the same channel you do. I've seen some wifi routers that will automatically switch to the same channel you use when theres loads of free space in the spectrum.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!