What's new

Ubiquiti UniFi Dream Machine SE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trip

Very Senior Member
Slightly old news if you're an insider, but haven't seen any posts yet on SNB.

What will eventually be the UDM "SE" has been in the UniFi floorplan tool for a few iterations now (Reddit source):

zssqzVy.jpgd1juGmJ.jpgo5TKW04.jpg
Looks like a proper hardware switch, PoE and SFP+ onboard. I hope MSRP isn't a deal-breaker...

Buggy firmware has been deal breaker for me in regards to Ubiquiti hardware since USG-8XG.
UI forum is flooded with complaints regarding UDM and UDM-Pro.
UDM has been on the market for a while and ui seems to be not able to fix several bugs.

That's a shame. It seems UniFi is all they're really focusing on these days... Obviously something has to give at some point.

Indeed they seem to be focusing on Unifi, but the have been struggling to deliver working hardware/firmware.

Ubiquiti changed OS - beginnig from UDM, and it opened can of worms.... even basic functionalities were missing (static IP o the WAN side is one example), memory leaks freezing UDM(P)s, mandatory internet access to operate UDM(P). Recently I found out that DNS filtering on UDM is done by third party company.
Several FW later problems are still not solved.
Having in mind that UI has decided to EoL some of their hardware in nasty way (i.e short notice, no support in future controllers etc) and last years story about data collection keeps me off Ubiquiti.
Ubiquiti used to be decently priced, decently reliable hardware - something went wrong recently.
But - if one wants decently specd hardware, which is unserviceable outside of 1 year warranty, with non existing support from Ubiquiti then it is OK. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!