What's new

UK New 5ghz Channels

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Don't forget Ireland. Yeah, a market of the size of London, but still the same plug, but full EU regulations

A plus, sometimes, often, buying a device from DE or ES is cheaper than from co.uk. VAT is slightly lower and on Amazon, for example, exchange rates are terrible whener Mrs Brit PM does yet another stupid thing.
Consumers are the ones suffering.

You are correct, but Ireland is somehow a lost country like Switzerland in terms of WiFi.

UK is comparable to Japan (island and similar population), and they have their own standards too and ALL vendors support it since ever with ch. 14!
Asus is going even further and allows only Japanese language on their routers sold in Japan!

So thats all some kind of ignorance in my eyes ...

Bin the ASUS and buy a FritzBox ))
Got both so can easily compare them.

So please answer another question: why are channels 120-128 forbidden in EU on 86U while they are choosable on 68U, EU regulation did not change and they are both still sold in EU???
Fritz supports all ranges ch. 100-140.

And no I dont want to buy additional routers, I want to use what I have without bugs or senseless limitations!
I am not the person to buy 10 routers, test them all and return 9 of them as long as they are not faulty in sense of broken hardware or different problems not seen for others with this router.
Nobody is telling about these limitations when you buy it and nobody can assume that you will get less channels on newer hardware, the opposite is to be assumed!

They could easily declare which ranges are supported on their boxes, but they dont and they know very well why ...

So thats all some kind of ignorance in my eyes ...

You just call it by it's name!

And I would say there's a reason for thay! Switzerland? Come in! 80-90% of the routers not ISP provided are from Germany! For tax reasons, nobody is stupid not to use that option when RMAs are supported like in EU!
Vendors knows it, regulator knows it. And who has the power to enforce it to the users?

UK? The reason they did it is obvious. When/if somebody will be getting a buck for this move? I don't think so!
So nobody will care and eveyrbody will ignore it!

I'm struggling to find if Aruba and Cisco had implemented this new regulation. It doesn't look like...

IMHO that's the power of a unified marker. US has it, Japan enforce it, but in Europe...theres t always one that says no because he/she can say no.
I'm willing to bet if EU regulatory will add those channels, every new'esh and new product will get it.

PS. I love to freedom to buy from a vendor in Europe if the price is right. I can do a freaking power adapter. What it pisses me off are those countries that they want to create their own s..t just because they can. Bureaucrats that believe they can make a difference! No stupid monkeys! You can't! You don't have the critical mass neither the large public respect to do it! California learned that in '70s when some politicians believed worth trying to be independent...

Last edited: