What's new

Unable to access router after firmware update to RT-AC68U_386.1_0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spothunter

Occasional Visitor
Just updated my router firmware to 386.1_0 and after the reboot I am unable to log in using my username and password. I restarted the router and now I when I go to 192.168.1.1 nothing happens (no login page just stays on whatever page I was on). I'm also unable to connect into the router with the asus android app. Router works as it should other than not being able to log in. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Just updated my router firmware to 386.1_0 and after the reboot I am unable to log in using my username and password. I restarted the router and now I when I go to 192.168.1.1 nothing happens (no login page just stays on whatever page I was on). I'm also unable to connect into the router with the asus android app. Router works as it should other than not being able to log in. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Did you read the changelog/release notes that say after upgrading the WebUI may be unavailable for 5-60 minutes or more due to database maintenance?

Sometimes it took a bit long time, while some internal processes are being updated, before the webui is ready and you can access it.

Did you read the changelog/release notes that say after upgrading the WebUI may be unavailable for 5-60 minutes or more due to database maintenance?
I'm afraid I didn't. I'll give it some time. (This is me feeling like a complete moron LOL)

Sometimes it took a bit long time, while some internal processes are being updated, before the webui is ready and you can access it.
My bad. Every other time I've upgraded the firmware it's been ready as soon as the reboot ends.

Reactions: pcb
If you're flashing from the 384/385 codebase, this is a huge upgrade for our baby powered routers. With any luck, you won't need to reset your router afterward either.

Be patient, give them some cookies and change their nappies if they do soil themselves. When they're cleaned up, they'll be worth it all over again. :)

@spothunter - Did it eventually work for you? I had this issue this morning, but I am not sure if I am seeing the same problem you did. In my case I could definitely browse to the Web UI and configure the router ONE TIME after upgrading the firmware, but once everything was configured and nodes were connecting and passing internet traffic, I could no longer access the web UI on any browser. (192.168.1.1 just spun; never loaded everything.)

Is this what you were seeing, or were you literally not able to see any trace of the Web UI until after waiting X number of minutes?

After spotting this thread I did find the following note in the changelog, but it doesn't feel like what I'm seeing since, as I said, I can actually log in and set the thing up. I just can never access the router after that.

386.1 (30-Jan-2021)
- NOTE: Some users upgrading might have to go through some
database maintenance on first boot, which means the
router might be slower or have a non-responsive webui
for a while.
This can take anywhere from 5 minutes up to an hour,
depending on your model, just give it time to complete
the process.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!