What's new

Unable to allocate cache

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You asked me "are you still experiencing problems that are not evident from looking at the log file?"
This is the answer.
OK. But I'd have thought it was implicit in the question that I was asking about the problem we have been discussing in this thread, namely a memory error at boot time.

Let me try to be more clear: Has the memory problem that occurred on 31st August happened again since then?

No. I only see this in logs during router bootup.
From previous responses in this thread i got concerned that it might symptoms of device dying.
That is the reason of asking how to proceed.

If you have not seen the error again since 31st August then I'd be inclined to think it's a one-off and leave it at that. If it occurs again then I would be more concerned.

I can try to reboot router and check for this message in logs.
It does not reboots by itself ever. Only when there are power outage or firmware upgrade.

Rooted rebooted due firmware upgrade from 380.68_0 to 380.68_2
and these messages are there again.
August 31 is because no time was synced during boot.
This log is from todays reboot about 5 mins before i wrote this post.
Arround 12:55 local time. September 16th

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    449.2 KB · Views: 323
and these messages are there again.
August 31 is because no time was synced during boot.
There are no additional error messages in the log. You are misreading the log file.

The log file is the same one as before with new entries added after Sep 2 @ 12:22:14. The router was restarted twice since then without errors, first on Sep 10 @ 06:45 and then on Sep 16 @ 12:52.

Your default system time is August 1st @ 03:00, not August 31st. The entries at the beginning of the file dated Aug 31 21:45:54 are showing the real date and time.

So in summary, the errors from 31st August have not reoccurred since then.

Thanks for clearing it up for me!
Then it is fine and i just don't have worry about the router RMA.
Thanks again!

Found this in today's boot log though:

Aug 1 03:00:14 kernel: Scanning device for bad blocks
Aug 1 03:00:14 kernel: Bad eraseblock 824 at 0x000006700000
Aug 1 03:00:14 kernel: Bad eraseblock 1020 at 0x000007f80000

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!