What's new

Unable to change device name on AC86U 384.19?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JimM

New Around Here
Hi

Recently upgraded my AC86U to 384.19 but am now having trouble renaming a device connected to it. On the previous stock Asus FW I changed the name of devices no problem but when trying to rename one that I missed today it's not doing anything when I hit the Apply button. (the name was the MAC address and I'm trying to change it to Neos_Camera)

Any ideas of why not?

Thanks

1601488112426.png

Hi

Recently upgraded my AC86U to 384.19 but am now having trouble renaming a device connected to it. On the previous stock Asus FW I changed the name of devices no problem but when trying to rename one that I missed today it's not doing anything when I hit the Apply button. (the name was the MAC address and I'm trying to change it to Neos_Camera)

Any ideas of why not?

Thanks

View attachment 26570

Hi

Any ideas of why not?

Thanks

View attachment 26570
Prob corrupted jffs. Format it , it's on the system option thingy . Check it and apply and reboot. It'll remove the devices names but it should work after that. Also it'll remove vpn settings so if you use any of those you might want to reconfigure that too..

Edit : check Tools tab first. If jffs is unmounted then format via my way. If it's mounted it might not be jffs issue

This is a very common bug faced by even RT-AX88U. I had to clear nvram and set it up as new.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!