What's new

Unable to Connect to Modem using App or Browser

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jmcnyc

Occasional Visitor
I moved my Asus AC3100 router (which is in a mesh with an AC1900) to a new location. I made no other changes. I have always been able to connect to the modem via the iOS app, but now when i try to connect I get: Status: Unable to reach and No Connection.
My WiFi works fine. Just cant connect to the app. What am I missing here? I have restarted the modem a number of times with no success.

Thanks in advance. Hoping this is a stupid simple issue.

I moved my Asus AC3100 router (which is in a mesh with an AC1900) to a new location. I made no other changes. I have always been able to connect to the modem via the iOS app, but now when i try to connect I get: Status: Unable to reach and No Connection.
My WiFi works fine. Just cant connect to the app. What am I missing here? I have restarted the modem a number of times with no success.

Thanks in advance. Hoping this is a stupid simple issue.

Did you turn OFF the router WiFi switch?

OE

Wifi is on - I have the 2.4 and 5 GHz lights on. The wifi works fine - I just cant connect to the ASUS app or the web interface

Wifi is on - I have the 2.4 and 5 GHz lights on. The wifi works fine - I just cant connect to the ASUS app or the web interface

Have your tried browsing to router.asus.com?

OE

And by "modem" you really mean "router"? The RT-AC3100 doesn't have a modem. Or are you actually trying to connect to a cable or VDSL modem?

This happen to me the other day. I just had to reboot the router.

@colintaylor
Yes I mean router. I have rebooted many times. Nothing has changed but can no longer assess the router via the app. I can also not access the router via router.asus.com.

No - I get:
Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at router.asus.com.

That gives me this IP address for the main router: https://192.168.1.1/
I tried http and https
I also have a mesh with another IP: 192.168.1.236

Still get the same message -
Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.1.

I presume you have tried another browser.

OE

Yes - have tried multiple browsers on different devices. No luck. Question, if I do a hard reset do I need to do this on my main Asus router only, or both the main router and the mesh router as well?

Yes - have tried multiple browsers on different devices. No luck. Question, if I do a hard reset do I need to do this on my main Asus router only, or both the main router and the mesh router as well?

The 'reset after firmware install' is for the router. But then to add AiMesh nodes, the nodes must be in a reset state. So, you basically reset everything.

Note that if you remove a node from the AiMesh from within the router webUI, it is automatically reset. So, it's ready to add back after you clean install the router.

Here's my summary for doing it all:

Use webUI to upgrade firmware: Remove/eject USB disk; check/upgrade nodes/router; remove node to reset; Restore w/Initialize router to reset; configure router from scratch; add node(s) and disable WPS; mount and scan USB disk. Power OFF/ON router and test WAN security and ISP speeds.

OE

I did a reset - by pressing the reset button on router. Then was able to connect. So all good, thanks for the advice. Still dont know what happened but all good now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!