What's new

Unable to disable SmartConnect on RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

s0nlxaftrsh0ck

New Around Here
Hello all, I was using SmartConnect for a bit but it started becoming more and more of a nuisance the longer I used it. So I went back to splitting my channels 2.4GHZ / 5GHZ. It seems my router is "Stuck" with trying to use SmartConnect.

The issue is the following.
Disabled SmartConnect and changed my WiFi to
Code:
SSID_Name 2.4GHZ / SSID_Name 5GHZ

Throughout the week the WiFi stays this way until my scheduled reboot kicks in at 3AM on Sunday. Then it resets it to my previous setting with SmartConnect turned back on and my WiFi renamed to
Code:
SSID

This happens on manual reboots as well. I also tried shutting down the router, and let it stay powered off for 30 seconds.

I tried checking the configs and tried resetting the JFFS partition. I wanted to try and troubleshoot this before I did a factory wipe/reset the whole thing. Any help is appreciated!

I also thought maybe my mesh wifi is sending back the wireless SSID and smartconnect configs. Unplugged that and restarted main router. SmartConnect came back still. Still wondering if there is anything in the ssh I can do to turn that off

I think the best way to fix this problem is to create a "clean" setup from scratch... Just my opinion to save time in the end.

I think the best way to fix this problem is to create a "clean" setup from scratch... Just my opinion to save time in the end.
Yeaahhh...I figured that may be the best route at this point. I disabled restarts on Sundays @ 3AM and the router still reset the network and changed the wifi back to SmartConnect and single named SSID. Figured I could try and find what the heck is going on with it if it was a bug or anything. Think it just might be a ghost in the machine.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!