What's new

Unable to Reset XT8 Node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stach

Regular Contributor
Hi all, I cannot for the life of me reset my remote XT8 v1 node. I was trying to upgrade to the latest Gnuton version (388.4_0-gnuton0_alpha1) and started, like I always do by upgrading the remote node first. That apparently failed as it never came back up properly and it does not even show as a down node in the GUI. It seemed to be in a funky state where it was pingable from the network and I could even connect via hard-wire to it and surf, but the node itself never showed as being connected in the GUI and if I tried going to the Admin page for the remote node, it said that it couldn't connect to the Parent AP (shown below).

1690390810872.jpeg

After trying and failing MANY times to factory reset the remote Node, I tried the firmware restoration tool to restore the previous firmware (388.2_2_0-gnuton1). This finally got the IP address back to the shipping default IP of 192.168.50.1, but I still am not able to use the Admin page for it or fully factory reset the device as it still tries to connect to the Parent IP. I've tried a few more resets by powering on with the WPS button pushed, but it appears to be in a reboot loop as it becomes active for about 1 minute, pingable and admin webpage "works" and shows the above screenshot, but then reboots.

Does anyone have advice for getting my unit fully reset so that I can see the following screen and rejoin my Parent node (screenshot from a different unlinked node)?

1690391131016.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the Zen products, but I wouldn't be accessing the node's GUI to connect it to the main router.

Use the main router to 'add' an AiMesh node instead. AFTER you have fully reset the node and haven't tried to access it at all via its GUI.

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately the node needs to be in that reset state before I can join it, as it currently only looks to join what was the previous mesh network and can’t.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!