What's new

Unable to update to Stable 386.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SilentStorm

Regular Contributor
Having an issue on my router where I'm unable to update to the 386.2 stable version. Currently running beta 3.

Just says firmware unsuccessful when I attempt to upgrade. Any ideas?

do you have a usb drive mounted? (I can tell from your sig that you do)
best practice is to eject it and THEN flash the firmware, as it will remount automatically after rebooting, which you should do after flashing new firmware

do you have a usb drive mounted? (I can tell from your sig that you do)
best practice is to eject it and THEN flash the firmware, as it will remount automatically after rebooting, which you should do after flashing new firmware
I do, yes. I'll give this a try, thanks!

UDPATE: Safely ejected the USB, then turned the router off, waited 30 seconds and turned it back on. Was able to upgrade now. Thanks for your help!

@SilentStorm:

Next time (I just learned this here myself) just unmount (‘eject’ without physically removing your usb drive) from the WebUI (click the icon in the UI and wait until it’s unmounted). This might take some time depending in the amount of processes running. This is will free up enough resources and memory to update the firmware of your router without the need to reboot first. After successfully updating the router will reboot and your usb drive will be mounted automatically on next boot. Read @L&LD installation and upgrade guides for more useful tips.

Best regards,
Marco

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!