What's new

Unable to use my N66u as a repeater for my AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thoraine

New Around Here
Hi guys, I recently bought an AC5300u and decided to use my old N66u as a repeater for the second 5GHz network. I'm on the latest official firmware for my AC5300u and on an older merlin firmware for my N66u. All wireless networks have unique names.

When I try to set up the N66u as a repeater, it successfully detects the 2.4GHz and the second 5GHz network but NOT the first 5GHz network for some reason. Once I connect to the second 5GHz network, it appears to be able to get an IP address successfully, but the next line below it states that the parent AP is down. I've tried connecting to the 2.4GHz network instead but it exhibited the same issues. I've tried using static IP and DHCP to assign an address to the repeater as well.

Also, while setting this up, I had to restart my AC5300u a couple of times as the admin page suddenly became slow to respond and none of my wireless devices could connect to the wireless networks.

Another issue I encountered was that I am able to access the admin page using the 2.4GHz and the first 5GHz network but NOT when I am connected to the second 5GHz network.

Is there something wrong with my AC5300u? It takes nearly 3 minutes to boot up as well...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!