What's new

Unbound unbound 1.12 appears not working with unbound_manager

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Slawek P

Hi,

I have just done an Entware upgrade and it appears that unbound 1.13 appears not be working with unbound_manager - it does not start. I was able to start it using unbound-control

Hi,

I have just done an Entware upgrade and it appears that unbound 1.13 appears not be working with unbound_manager - it does not start. I was able to start it using unbound-control
It is back to normal. I had to force update a few amtm packages as Entware refreshed files in init.d folder

I would recommend that you update (force) any addon that creates a startup file in /opt/etc/init.d.

In my case, this was:
scribe (S01syslog-ng)
ntpmerlin (S77ntpd - see note below if you are running chrony)
unbound-manager (S61unbound)

I would recommend that you check your /opt/etc/init.d directory before updating Entware.
Something like:

Code:
cd /opt/etc/init.d
ls -lt > beforeupgrade

opkg update
opkg upgrade

ls -lt > afterupgrade

Then you can compare which files where changed and update the appropriate addon.

NOTE for ntpMerlin users that are using chrony. Entware will see you have had ntpd installed, then install the newer version and also add a startup to init.d (S77ntpd).
In this case, I would recommend removing the S77ntpd file in /opt/etc/init.d. There should already be an S77chronyd file in init.d

I would recommend that you update (force) any addon that creates a startup file in /opt/etc/init.d.

In my case, this was:
scribe (S01syslog-ng)
ntpmerlin (S77ntpd - see note below if you are running chrony)
unbound-manager (S61unbound)

I would recommend that you check your /opt/etc/init.d directory before updating Entware.
Something like:

Code:
cd /opt/etc/init.d
ls -lt > beforeupgrade

opkg update
opkg upgrade

ls -lt > afterupgrade

Then you can compare which files where changed and update the appropriate addon.

NOTE for ntpMerlin users that are using chrony. Entware will see you have had ntpd installed, then install the newer version and also add a startup to init.d (S77ntpd).
In this case, I would recommend removing the S77ntpd file in /opt/etc/init.d. There should already be an S77chronyd file in init.d
Great description - that's exactly bare minimum that I have done yesterday

happened to me too - I went into amtm looking for updates (something I don't do often) and saw the sizable list of entware updates. updated, lost unbound, rebooted the router, still no unbound (but I got a new connection to my ISP that dropped my ping by a ms...yay!)...had to go back to CLI and restart there.

This brings up a thought/question for @RMerlin and the various script writers/maintainers - is it possible to get notified of updates to entware/scripts in the router GUI? that flashing yellow exclamation point would be a nice way to catch my eye. Anyone else?

EDIT - damn my timing, with the 1st beta of 386 out today...that's the correct priority

Last edited:
Similar here. Ran the entware updates yesterday, everything 'seemed' to be okay but had some connectivity issues this morning and on checking unbound was stopped and would not restart. Nothing was showing as being in need of an update in amtm, so next thought was to re-boot the router, but that did not help. Eventually ran option 1 Update in unbound, which then picked up the changed entware files, I then re-added my additional settings in unbound_manager advanced and all is good.

The issue, as I see it is that sometimes an entware file update will break a script, but as the original script is untouched, there is nothing to see in amtm. As such there is a need to review any entware related scripts afterwards (say after an hour to allow for settling down) to see if anything has fallen over.