1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Updated to 3.0.0.4.384_45713 on RT-AC88U: Now Lan ports 5-8 are Dead...

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by p3ter, Apr 19, 2019.

1. p3ter

p3ter New Around Here

Hi All, first post here. I have recently updated to 3.0.0.4.384_45713 on my RT-AC88U, and since then, everything on Ports 5-8 on the back is dead. Anything connected to those 4 ports will not work. DCHP fails, and anything plugged into those ports is uncontactable (even on fixed IP address).

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Also I don't have a backup of the previous version, Can anyone help me with where I need to go to downgrade?

Thanks!

2. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

Common issue in the 88. Nothing to do with the fw upgrade.
    Power off, fully disconnect power lead, power on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p3ter likes this.
  3. p3ter

p3ter New Around Here

Thanks for the fast response. I now need to negotiate with 4 kids and see when I can power off the Internet!

4. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

Just do it, I dare say they can survive 2 mins of talking to each other in person!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L&LD and Ronald Schwerer like this.
  5. Ronald Schwerer

Ronald Schwerer Senior Member

Yeah, like I do when playing with configurations that restart the firmware. Just do it and say "Whooops - sorry!!!"

6. p3ter

p3ter New Around Here

Thanks, I took the easy way out and reset during dinner :rolleyes: It seems like Wired networking and DHCP on ports 5-8 has been restored, but unfortunately based on assuming this was upgrade related, and seeing other answers here I figured the first step was a factory reset, so now it will take some time for me to get things back to normal!