What's new

Upgrade from AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

YoshiT

New Around Here
Hi forum members,

I’m thinking to upgrading trusted AC68U and almost set to either AX86U or AX68U.

Is there big difference in coverage between those two models? I don’t plan to reuse AC68U as Ai-mesh node as I don’t have good experience. Appreciate your input!

The coverage is effectively the same.

The throughout is higher on the RT-AX86U.

The closer your ISP speeds are to 1Gbps, the more chances you'll get to use them everywhere in your covered areas (with the appropriate clients).

I have upgraded to AX86U and no regret. Merlin installed without issue. UI is snappy, wireless covers entire home which AC68U couldn’t. Very happy with it.

I have upgraded to AX86U and no regret. Merlin installed without issue. UI is snappy, wireless covers entire home which AC68U couldn’t. Very happy with it.
Thanks for saying that, it helped me making my decision. I've been thinking about upgrading for a while and this new Cyclops exploit just pushed me over the wall.

With the AC68U I have just one small space with bad signal, but it turns out to be my favorite place in the house...:rolleyes:

if the client is AX or has a stronger radio than the original AC router, then the increased range should be usable. Sometimes the clients are the weaker of the pair.

I upgraded from a RT-AC66U and I have yet to load Merlin. But yeah the UI is snappy and it's the first router I've owned that provided 5Ghz coverage of my entire home.