What's new

Upgrading a AC68U.

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 22229

My sister has a AC68U that's running I believe 385.1000 firmware it needs to be updated to the latest. My question. Down time on this router needs to be short can i do a back up of settings and restore to the latest firmware. I know it will need a factory reset. There are no issues with the connection just need the latest security fixes. Any thoughts ?

Not a good idea, may cause even longer downtime. Set up the router manually after firmware upgrade and reset to factory defaults.

Thanks i figured it may not be a good idea that's why i posted to be sure. It sure would be nice save a ton of time.

With Asuswrt you may try straight update with no reset and hope for the best. With simple configurations it works most of the time.

With Asuswrt you may try straight update with no reset and hope for the best. With simple configurations it works most of the time.

I doubt that would fly going from 385 to 386 so many changes.

I doubt that would fly going from 385 to 386 so many changes.

I did it few times back and forth 384-386 with AC86U with no ill results. Basic configuration is all the same. Try it first, if it doesn't work you know what to do. It may save you time or extend the upgrade with 5min, not a big deal.