What's new

Uploading OpenVPN profile to Merlin VPN client fails

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Merlin_is_best

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm running Asus AC56U and Asus RTN-16, both on Merlin FW 376.45. I have two OpenVpn server instances on AC56, one for tun and second for tap access to bridge my other location. However, while server one tun works fine with mobile devices, on RT-16 I cannot get even started.

I have exported the tap ovpn profile from AC56 and try to import it to RT16. I can select the file and clieck upload, but then nothing is updated. I have tried Win8, Linux, diffrent browsers and different opvpn files, stripping down all but bare minimum but no luck.

I tried manually to configure all settings, but I cannot modify the certificates pop-up contents. I guess I can always take ssh line to RT16, but looks like the GUI part is either broken or I should do something else. Anybody able to help? Should the export-> import work within same Merlin firmware, but two different devices?

Hi,

I'm running Asus AC56U and Asus RTN-16, both on Merlin FW 376.45. I have two OpenVpn server instances on AC56, one for tun and second for tap access to bridge my other location. However, while server one tun works fine with mobile devices, on RT-16 I cannot get even started.

I have exported the tap ovpn profile from AC56 and try to import it to RT16. I can select the file and clieck upload, but then nothing is updated. I have tried Win8, Linux, diffrent browsers and different opvpn files, stripping down all but bare minimum but no luck.

I tried manually to configure all settings, but I cannot modify the certificates pop-up contents. I guess I can always take ssh line to RT16, but looks like the GUI part is either broken or I should do something else. Anybody able to help? Should the export-> import work within same Merlin firmware, but two different devices?

OpenVPN is not supported on the RT-N16, due to lack of NVRAM. The portions of the OpenVPN UI that show up in 376.45 were actually a bug and shouldn't be visible.