What's new

UpnP off AX86U problem?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thewizard1241

Regular Contributor
I turned off UpnP for security reasons and tested 3 of the only games i play

2 games worked perfectly fine without port forwading apart from 1 game! I tried port forwading cod cold war and still couldnt find any online matches.

I then tried on a mobile data hotspot instead and it worked perfectly!

So the issue lays with UpnP being off. After i portforwaded the nat type went to OPEN. Which is good that the port forward worked, but i still couldnt find any online matches?

Any help on this one?

If you turn off UPnP, then you need to use port forwarding to set all the relevant online service's and game's ports for the console's IP. You could cut a corner and put the console IP in the DMZ, but I don't recommend this.

Personally, I just use UPnP, as it's the only way multiple consoles can connect to Xbox Live and/or Sony PSN and all get an Open NAT at the same time.

If you turn off UPnP, then you need to use port forwarding to set all the relevant online service's and game's ports for the console's IP. You could cut a corner and put the console IP in the DMZ, but I don't recommend this.

Personally, I just use UPnP, as it's the only way multiple consoles can connect to Xbox Live and/or Sony PSN and all get an Open NAT at the same time.
I did port forward but didnt work

I then tried putting UPNP back on and it still couldnt find a match

I then turned off portward and kept upnp on and still cant find a match at all now??

I'm not sure if you're playing on PC or console. I only have experience with console gaming, and for my setup with UPnP enabled, if the console's NAT test reports an Open NAT, all is good and matchmaking works as expected. You can still play online with Moderate and Strict NAT types, but with restrictions and a smaller pool of players than Open.

Have you tried power cycling the router after making the change, as that might resolve whatever quirk is causing the issues after making the settings changes.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!