What's new

URL filtering in the firewall does not take effect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

At the same AiProtection - Time Scheduling restrictions of this version do not take effect.

Tested, and working for me.

The keyword filtering works at the DNS level, so the keyword must be part of the hostname, not of the parameters.

You must also be using the router as the DNS server. Might work if using a different DNS since the filtering is at the firewall level, however it won't work if using DoH/DoT.

Tested, and working for me.

The keyword filtering works at the DNS level, so the keyword must be part of the hostname, not of the parameters.

You must also be using the router as the DNS server. Might work if using a different DNS since the filtering is at the firewall level, however it won't work if using DoH/DoT.
I'm using the same firewall configuration that the firmware in other versions can block, I think the keyword can be any part that appears in the url, not just the hostname

I'm using the same firewall configuration that the firmware in other versions can block, I think the keyword can be any part that appears in the url, not just the hostname
The DNS portion of the feature will only affect the host. There is a second rule that can also look at the rest of the query, but many websites now will have that encrypted and therefore it cannot be intercepted by the router.

The DNS portion of the feature will only affect the host. There is a second rule that can also look at the rest of the query, but many websites now will have that encrypted and therefore it cannot be intercepted by the router.
Yes, the URL cannot be intercepted after it is encrypted. I can understand this, so the test URL I gave is not encrypted. Can you provide the firmware version that passed your test?
Also, take a look at the time scheduling bug mentioned in #2 to see if it exists.

thanks.

What other specific versions of the firmware are you referencing where you indicate it worked?