What's new

usb attached hard drive cant delete folders

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StanleeSPUDwowski

Occasional Visitor
I have an ASUS RT AC 68cp router with an attached seagate drive attched to the 3.0 port. i setup the samba file share to access it from windows 7 desktop however when i go to access some of the shared folders after i log in with the user name i setup on the asus router as RW access i can not delete some folders but not others as it says there is a permissions error or that need permission from that user when i am the user that logged in WTH
mad.png

Maybe try FTP or dlna? I can't remember what it is I use anymore but I know I have no problems deleting files. Of course Windows is wonky with network storage. I personally can say that I have zero problems streaming over LAN and wan using Linux. Using Windows I still can't figure out how to stream movies without having to enter in the entire Web link into vlc.

ok i was able to fix that issue with deleteing files i have to use the admin account the user account does not work even though you give it permissions to do so WAPO sh#$ anyways now i have a different issue with the same scenario im on my win7 desktop and im moving folders and fixing issues all of sudden the windows closes and it is no longer accesible WTF now i cant even get to the drive.