What's new

USB Connected Printer in Wireless Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Curmudgeon10

Occasional Visitor
I have a laser printer connected to my PC. My PC is one of many devices, including a Chromebook in another part of the house, comprising a WiFi network. Is it possible to configure this printer (Windows 10) so the Chromebook can print via WiFi (through) the PC to which the printer is hardwired?

Alas, the printer once was accessible via WiFi, but something in the printer no longer works; hence the hardwire to the PC.

Try turning on "Sharing" in the printer's properties. I have no idea how Chromebooks work so they might not be compatible with Windows printer sharing.

Yes, you must share the printer, and you need all devices to be on a 'Private' (not a 'Public') network so that they can see each other. This also requires using the main wireless networks (or Guest Networks with full intranet access).

You may also need drivers for the printer, on the Chromebook, depending on how old the printer is.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!